CVYO Virtuosi at Montecito
July 7th to 16th 2024
Montecito Festival is a 10-day international music festival hosted at the beautiful CLU campus with musicians and faculty members from the US, North America, Europe, and Asia, with guest faculty LA Phil, NY Phil, and other renowned institutions.
Participants may apply to be selected for Montecito Virtuosi, a conductorless ensemble lead from the concertmaster seat by Alexander Tseitlin tackling some of the most complex chamber orchestra repertoire in music literature.
Morning: Orchestra lead by Alexander Tseitlin with guest conductor .
Afternoon: Chamber group rehearsals, coachings, masterclasses, or private lessons.
Evening: Montecito Virtuosi lead by Alexander Tseitlin
* Students may ask to be place in groups with preferred colleagues or to be place with new musicians.
* Students may also request specific chamber group repertoire or request repertoire to be selected by coaches.
* Auditions for masterclasses are held in the first two days of the festival.
Serenade no. 1 in D Major op. 9, Robert Fuchs
Coriolan, Op. 62 – Overture, Ludwig Van Beethoven
Piano Quintet in G Minor for Chamber Orchestra, Dmitri Shostakovich
* Guest Artist Pianist To Be Announced…
COMMUTER FEE (Includes all activities plus on-campus lunch and dinner)
- Session One – $1,800
- Session Two – $1,800
- Session Three – $1,800
- Session One 6/17 to 6/26 – $2,500
- Session Two 6/27 to 7/6 – $2,500
- Session 3 7/7 – 7/16 – $2,500