Pual Phillips – Stanford university, Director of Orchestral Studies
Welcome to the 2024 Montecito International Music Festival.
We are delighted you are here and hope you find the program opportunities,
the learning and interactive activities,
and the information here exciting and helpful as you consider attending the 2024 festival.
- The Montecito Festival@CLU will take place over two 10-day sessions: Session1:June 17 to June 26, Session2: June 27 to July 6, Session3: July 7 to July 16 and Session4: July7 to July 26. The festival is held at the beautiful campus of California Lutheran University, in Thousand Oaks California,, close to Los Angeles, California’s sunny beaches and the many picturesque mountains and deserts of Southern California. The campuses are inviting with their many walkways and modern buildings. We invite you to the quiet beautiful natural settings that awaits students from all over the world to study with our world-class faculty and artists.
Festival Programming will include Strings, Woodwinds, Piano, and Vocal Arts, as well as a very active chamber music component.
The festival will include:
- Two (2) private lessons
- Student participation in solo recitals, chamber ensembles (if available) or both. This is a very important component of the Festival
- Studio classes and masterclasses by our esteemed resident faculty
- Masterclasses by Special Guest Artists. Students will audition for an opportunity to play in masterclasses and will be chosen by a panel of resident faculty. All students will benefit from observing these musical legends
- Faculty recitals, concerts and possible chamber music ensembles
- Mentoring and workshops by incredible faculty who are very accommodating to the artistic needs and musical growth of our students